- You sign up here.
- The Read-a-thon starts Saturday at noon GMT (that's 8 a.m. for all of us east coasters)
- It runs for 24 hours (hence, the name, 24 Hour Read-a-thon!!), but you don't have to read the entire time - I would like to try, but I am certain I won't be able to make it for all 24 hours.
- There are prizes, mini-challenges, blogging, and lots and lots of reading
- There are other ways to participate other than just being a reader (such as Cheerleader, Mini-Challenge Host, etc)
So, here's my question to all of you. What books would you suggest for this marathon of bookish delight? I'm thinking shortish books (or at least those with a nice quick pace) would be good, and I'm trying to put together a list including some of my TBR books. (Here's a new link to my TBR pile - hopefully this one will work). I'm planning a trip to the library later this week, so suggestions that aren't in my library are certainly welcome, too!
A couple I have pre-selected as possibilities are:
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Dating da Vinci by Malena Lott
- The Ark, the Reed, and the Fire Cloud by Jenny L. Cote
- Rune Warriors by James Jennewein
So, any suggestions? Are you going to participate as a reader? cheerleader?