CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

24 Hour Read-A-Thon

So, I decided to participate in the 24 Hour Read-a-thon this Saturday. If you don't already know about it, here's a little bit of info on how it all works.
  • You sign up here.
  • The Read-a-thon starts Saturday at noon GMT (that's 8 a.m. for all of us east coasters)
  • It runs for 24 hours (hence, the name, 24 Hour Read-a-thon!!), but you don't have to read the entire time - I would like to try, but I am certain I won't be able to make it for all 24 hours.
  • There are prizes, mini-challenges, blogging, and lots and lots of reading
  • There are other ways to participate other than just being a reader (such as Cheerleader, Mini-Challenge Host, etc)

So, here's my question to all of you. What books would you suggest for this marathon of bookish delight? I'm thinking shortish books (or at least those with a nice quick pace) would be good, and I'm trying to put together a list including some of my TBR books. (Here's a new link to my TBR pile - hopefully this one will work). I'm planning a trip to the library later this week, so suggestions that aren't in my library are certainly welcome, too!

A couple I have pre-selected as possibilities are:

  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
  • Dating da Vinci by Malena Lott
  • The Ark, the Reed, and the Fire Cloud by Jenny L. Cote
  • Rune Warriors by James Jennewein

So, any suggestions? Are you going to participate as a reader? cheerleader?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! This is not a great time of my life to be reading for 24 hours (with 2, 5, 7, and 9 year olds at home!) They'd eat me alive! LOL!

I went to your TBR link but no books showed up.

I'll have to think about any recommendations I have. A series I read this summer that I really loved was the Heirs of Montana series by Tracie Peterson...if you like historical Christian fiction. I checked them out of the library, so you wouldnt have to go buy them.

Oh, and if you need something with a little action I recommend Wiser Than Serpents by Susan May Warren. VERY good!

Good luck!

Traci said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look those up.

Traci said...

I think I fixed the TBR link.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!! (I'm a cheerleader.)

MySharonAnne said...

RARA! Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott is a quick read.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Hugo Cabret is a great one to pick up near the end - it's a nice break. And Rune Warriors is a fast paced fun read so that's a good pick too.

Anonymous said...

I won't participate as a reader, but I'll log on when I get a chance and cheer on. I'm attending a dog show for which a friend of mine is one of the judges. So I'll bring a couple books along, probably about dogs to read! :)

Anonymous said...

wow! I was here to remind you about the Read -a-thon, and you take me by surprise :)

I am really glad that you ar eall ready to participate.. and giving away details about participation too :)

I think I will be a cheer-leader :)

Hope you are able to complete the books :)

Have fun participating :)

For Read-a-thon
My BLOG