CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Teaser









Tuesday Teasers asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12 (This week I'm fudging a bit as my sentences start on line 6.)
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My two (2) “teaser” sentences for today:

He caught the ghost girl's eye, pointed to the baby and made eating motions with his mouth.
"You eat babies?" said Daphne, stepping back.

The quote comes from page 90 of Nation, by Terry Pratchett. I feel as though I've been reading this book forever. I've finished some audiobooks along the way, but I just can't seem to get past this book, and I don't know why.

2 comments:

Karen Harrington said...

That's an interesting tease. :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot what I was going to say. Really, I clicked to leave a comment, and then I just stared at the screen. So I'm just rambling until I remember. :-/

Oh! I've never read any Pratchett by himself...just Good Omens, with Gaiman. Which I loved.