CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-Thon Update #4

Traci's Stats:

Currently Reading: Dating da Vinci by Malena Lott
Total pages read since last update: 71
Total pages read cumulative: 849
Total books finished: 2
Total Time spent reading: 355 minutes
Books Completed: The Tenth Case by Joseph Teller and The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Brandon's Stats:

Currently Reading: The Titan's Curse (audiobook) by Rick Riordan
Total pages read since last update: 80
Audiobook discs listened to since last update: 1/2
Cumulative Audiobook discs listened to: 3 1/2 (we're going to count each disc as 60 pages that we'll add to his final total)
Total pages read cumulative: 194 + 210 (pages assumed from audiobook)
Total books finished: 1
Time spent reading: 355 minutes
Books Completed: The 39 Clues by Rick Riordan, Everest Book One: The Contest by Gordon Korman

I thoroughly enjoyed both books I've finished so far. The Tenth Case was surprisingly good - a great legal thriller, and The Invention of Hugo Cabret was a really wonderful story with amazing illustrations. I'm 100 pages into Dating da Vinci, and I'm enjoying it, but it's slower going than those two (especially Hugo Cabret). Brandon's happy about that, because he's eager to catch up.

Brandon says he's enjoying all of his books, too. He really liked 39 Clues and Everest: The Contest, but so far The Titan's Curse is his favorite (he really likes those Percy Jackson books).

And, in case you're interested, I intend to post full reviews of all the books I read today (and I may have a few guest reviews from Brandon) over the next couple of weeks. Thanks again to all who've cheered us on. We're having a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon sounds like my kind of kid - I love his competitive spirit!

Darlene said...

Wow 849 pgs and 210 from Brandon. That's really awesome you guys. I'll be watching for the reviews from you both. Keep up the great work both of you.

Anonymous said...

I can't really believe u r done with 850 pages [ ok now a lil over 1000 ??]

AWESOME... and Bandon..u have completed 400?! I ca't believe this... lemme search for a book and read lOL! i dnt think i can be near u guys in this :-)

so nice and amazing... u r both amazing... :)

keep on the good work.. and yes it would be good to read review!