CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Have You Seen This?

Read Kiddo Read

Readkiddoread.com is a really fantastic new site that is dedicated to getting children excited about reading. The site is well-organized with a wonderful book recommendation section that is broken down by age group. Just browsing through it, I found several books that I'd like to check out for my kids. While I believe the site was mostly intended to be an aid to reluctant readers, I think it'll also serve those parents (like me) who have avid readers that are constantly searching for what to read next.

Along with the book recommendations that are divided into Illustrated Books, Transitional Books, Pageturners, and Advanced Readers, there's also an interview section (there's a great interview with Jeff Kinney, author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid up now), and a forum where you can chat with other parents, teachers, and librarians. I think it'll be a great resource for anyone with an interest in getting children to love reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I haven't seen it! Thanks for the heads-up!

max said...

Hi,

I grew up as a reluctant reader. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for tween boys, that girls and boys hate to put down. My web site is at http://www.maxbooks.9k.com and my Books for Boys blog is at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com I also have a short story in a new book called LAY UPS and LONG SHOTS, published by Darby Creek Publishing. I'm also featured in an article in the 2009 edition of Children's Wrtier Guide.

My other books are all ranked by Accelerated Reader

Max Elliot Anderson

Sunny said...

Oh wow, thanks! That sounds like a great resource...going to go check it out!