CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

24 Hour Read-A-Thon Approaches

It won't be long now. In about 8 1/2 hours, the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon will begin. I will try to update fairly regularly, about every couple of hours. My 10 year old son will also be joining me in the Read-a-Thon. We're going to compete to see who can read the most pages - I can tell you right now that unless he flakes out on me, it'll be him. Anyway, here are the books we have planned for tomorrow.
Traci's Stack:
  • The Tenth Case by Joseph Teller (this is in progress)
  • The Sea of Monsters (audiobook) by Rick Riordan (also in progress - only about 25 minutes left)
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
  • The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (I'm reading this aloud to my daughter - I don't plan to finish this, just read some to her throughout the day)
  • Dating da Vinci by Malena Lott
  • The Ark, the Reed, and the Fire Cloud by Jenny L. Cote
  • Rune Warriors by James Jennewein
  • Surviving Antarctica by Andrea White
  • Savvy by Ingrid Law

Brandon's (very tall) Stack:

  • Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp
  • Salamandastron by Brian Jacques
  • Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel adapted by Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin
  • The Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix
  • The Ruby in the Smoke by Phillip Pullman
  • Warriors: Eclipse by Erin Hunter
  • Left Behind The Kids: Book Two by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye
  • Everest Book One: The Contest by Gordon Korman
  • Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Exile by Kathryn Lasky
  • Wild Magic Book One: The Immortals (audiobook) by Tamora Pierce
  • Superman: Strange Attractors by Gail Simone
  • The 39 Clues by Rick Riordan (in progress)
  • The Titan's Curse (audio) by Rick Riordan

Well, it's getting late, so I should probably get some rest - got a big day ahead of us tomorrow. I hope you'll stop by to see our progress and cheer us on tomorrow!!

4 comments:

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Awe, I can't wait for my little ones to be old enough to join in!! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that your son is reading with you! Have fun tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for you two! Good luck.

Darlene said...

Traci, that's so awesome that Brandon is joining you. I'm off to read how you two are doing now.