CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Thingers: Awards


Today's question: Awards. Do you follow any particular book awards? Do you ever choose books based on awards? What award-winning books do you have? (Off the top of your head only- no need to look this up- it would take all day!) What's your favorite award-winning book?

I follow the Newberry Medal to some extent. I used to follow the DCF Awards when I lived in Vermont, which is how I was introduced to such wonderful books as Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams, Second Sight by Gary Blackwood, and the Gregor the Overlander series by Suzanne Collins, all of which I loved immensely.

Don't forget to enter my contest to win The Time Paradox and a $10 gift card!!

11 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

I like following awards because it introduces me to new writers and books- and I use them as TBR or suggestion lists sometimes too. Neat :-)

Anonymous said...

I followed the Newberry Award when I was younger. I still love those books, though.

jlshall said...

Down the Rabbit Hole sounds interesting. Didn't know about the DCF Awards, but I love just about all the Newbery winners.

Anonymous said...

I really never pay attention to awards.

S. Krishna said...

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Life of Pi either, so I wouldn't stop there!

Icedream said...

I still enjoy following the Newbery Medal winners. I read a few when I get a chance. I have a list a mile long of the ones I loved.

Klarusu said...

I think I'll have to cast my eyes over the Newbery Winners and see if I can come up with some new finds...

Michele said...

Now I have more places to look for book recommendations. Thanks!

Library Cat said...

If you like the Newbery Award books, here is a great blog for readers of these great children's books. Please join us if you have time.

Flusi the LibrarysCat

Anonymous said...

Sorry for being so slow about your giveaway. I'll be posting about this soon. Promise!

HylianVampire said...

i dont follow any particular book awards, but i tend to find a lot of books i read have won one. I definitely like the Newberry Awards the best. The only book i can think that won the Newberry award was the House of the Scorpion which i've read twice now. I just love that book