Natasha over at Maw Books Blog is doing something amazing, and I think we can all help.
Here are the details:
During September every book Natasha reads, every post she writes, every comment left on her blog, and every book that you read about Darfur will make a difference. How? The difference will be you. This won’t work if she's doing it all by herself. So I ask for everybody to get involved. There are a lot of different levels on which you can do just that, so choose the one that you are the most comfortable with.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
- Commit to write a post (if you have a blog or website) dedicated to the Reading for Darfur campaign. Use the button shown here and link back to this Maw Books Blog page . For every person who does this Natasha will donate 25 cents to a organization that makes a difference in Darfur.
- Put the button in your sidebar linking to this Maw Books Blog page during the entire month of September and she will donate 25 cents more.
- Commit to visit Maw Books Blog on a consistent basis during September. For each comment left anywhere on her blog all month she will donate 10 cents.
- Commit to read any of the books or watch any of the documentaries listed on this page. For every book that you read or video you watch during September, she will donate 50 cents. If you have a blog and review that book or video she will donate $1. Leave her a comment here once you do, so she will know. She will link to your reviews during her weekly recaps.
- Commit to donate a penny for every single page that Natasha reads during September (excluding picture books and easy readers).
Commit to donate 50 cents for every single post she publishes during September.
Commit to donate a penny for every page she reads AND 50 cents for every single post she publishes.
And heck, if you want to write the post, put the button in your sidebar, comment on her blog, read a book, and sponsor her in my reading and blogging, then she won’t stop you!
I'm going to commit to donate the 50 cents per post and penny per page. What will you do?