CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:



  • Grab your current read


  • Let the book fall open to a random page.


  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.


  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from...that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!


  • Please avoid spoilers!

My 2 'Teaser' sentences for today:


On the bus going back mum started teaching us italian, she pointed at things out of the window and I learned "keyazer" which means "church" and "makiner" which means "car" and "pizza" which means "pizza" so I thought "this is quite easy, actually, perhaps I can learn italian after all." When we got back mum told Franseen we were going to stay till the summer and Franseen gave a look like she was surprised, she said "but that's wonderful news."


- from page 47 of When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale


3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I am hearing good things about this book, Traci. Are you enjoying it so far?

Traci said...

You know, I am enjoying it. It's sad, in a not obvious tear-jerking way, but you just feel for this kid from the beginning.

Lenore Appelhans said...

This is in my pile. That's a nice quote you chose!