CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stardust by Neil Gaiman


Stardust tells the tale of a smitten young man, Tristan Thorn, who promises to find and deliver a fallen star to his beloved in exchange for anything he desires. Throughout his journey, Tristan encounters many strange and interesting characters, several of whom are intent on his failing this quest. It's a fanciful tale of magic and love and the lengths one will go to prove his love.
While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I will say that I find it inappropriate for its intended teen audience (I'm assuming this is the intended audience as I found the book in the teen section of the local Barnes and Noble). The themes might be fairy tale in nature, but several of the scenes are, in my opinion, more mature than the typical young adult writing. That being said, reading it as a novel geared toward adults, I found it enchanting and a nice escape from reality. It's a very quick and easy read, and I am looking forward to seeing the film.

1 comments:

Josette said...

I thought it's a book for kids too! Was quite surprised to see swear words and steamy scenes in it. LOL.

But then, it's worth a read. This was my first Gaiman book and I want to read more of his books! here is my Stardust review. :)