1. What are you reading right now? I'm reading Savvy by Ingrid Law. Brandon's still listening to The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan, but he's nearly finished. We're taking a brownie break right now.
2. How many books have you read so far? I've finished 4 (though 2 of those were already in progress) and Brandon has finished 3 (1 of which was already in progress).
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Surviving Antarctica (which I think I'll read after I finish Savvy). I've been wanting to read it since I first saw it on the Barnes and Noble shelf months ago.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really - just told my husband so that he would be understanding.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just once when my dad called and wanted to talk about whether my husband and I were actually considering moving out of the country (we are, and this is something I just mentioned to my dad yesterday, so naturally, he was wanting to discuss it).
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much I'm actually getting read. And, how fast the time has gone by - it's already 7:30!!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I don't know. I think I might organize my personal posts a little bit better, but other than that I can't think of anything. I'm having a great time!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Have more ready-made food available.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope, not yet.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Hmm...no, but I will say that I think the cheerleaders are awesome!!! Thanks guys, so much. As soon as this is over, I'm going to be bombarding the blogs of all the wonderful commenters, but for now, I must return to my book (and my brownie).
Happy Reading, everyone!! If you'd like to see everyone else's responses, go here.
Saturday, October 18, 2008