CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Coupling

“Name a favorite literary couple and tell me why they are a favorite. If you cannot choose just one, that is okay too. Name as many as you like–sometimes narrowing down a list can be extremely difficult and painful. Or maybe that’s just me.”

Well, I can't name just one - there are far too many wonderful couples in literature, so here are a few favorites that spring to mind (in no particular order):

  • Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
  • Cynthia and Father Tim (The Mitford books)
  • Despereaux and Princess Pea (Tale of Despereaux)
  • Ruth and Idgie (Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe)
  • Rowan and Michael (The Witching Hour)
  • Odd Thomas and Stormy (Odd Thomas)
  • Artemis Fowl and Holly Short (The Artemis Fowl books)
  • Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (The Harry Potter books)
  • Henry and Clare (The Time Traveler's Wife)
  • Noah and Allie (The Notebook)
  • Meggie and Farid (Inkheart)

I'm certain there are ones I'm forgetting about, but there's my list. Who are your favorite literary couples?

13 comments:

Beth F said...

Great list. I forgot about Meggie and Farid.

Carrie said...

I listed Father Tim and Cynthia first and Elizabeth & Darcy second....just to be more unique. ha! Great list!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think about Father Tim and Cynthia, but I loved them, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh...Ruth and Idgie is a good one! I haven't read the book, but I loved the movie.

Anonymous said...

I went with Scarlett & Rhett, Lizzie & Mr. Darcy like you and also Stephanie Plum & Joe Morelli & Ranger from the Janet Evanovich series. :P

SmilingSally said...

You came up with an impressive list.

Sunny said...

Wow! Great list!

Ruth and Idgie...good one!

The Bookworm said...

great choices, I forgot about Stormy & Oddie :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Terrific list. Some of these I'm not familiar with. A couple are the same as mine.

Karen Harrington said...

Another great list!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Ohhh Rowan and Michael are a terrific couple. I haven't read the Mayfair series in ages, but I do remember being impressed at how dedicated Michael remained throughout all the problems.

Anonymous said...

A lovely list. I have forgotten about Henry and Clare. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley certainly make a cute couple!

meh2151 said...

For those who liked the famous last words in TTW,

Regal Literary is giving away ten advanced reader's copies and three first edition hardcovers of the new Audrey Niffenegger book, Her Fearful Symmetry, on October 1st in a lottery to people who join the facebook page as a fan and send an e-mail to hfs@regal-literary.com. Good luck!