CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Serendipitous Roadkill...

Caite tagged me for this Inside the Reader's Studio meme several days ago, and I've been horrid at posting lately, so it's gotten shoved to the side. I think I'm getting back into my rhythm, though, so hopefully it won't be so far between posts any more. Anyway, here goes:

What is your favorite word? For the sound of it only, I've always liked 'Verisimilitude'. Say it out loud. Now wasn't that fun? For sound and meaning, I really like 'Serendipitous'. It's pleasant to the tongue, and I like the idea of surprising good fortune.

What is your least favorite word? Hate. For obvious reasons.

What turns you on (creatively, spiritually or emotionally)? Color. I love rich, vibrant colors. I think it's why I enjoy creating quilts. I love playing with the colors to see where they'll take me - it's usually somewhere lovely. On a more personal level, my children inspire me in every way.

What turns you off (creatively, spiritually or emotionally)? Money. It's not that I don't enjoy having money (this is presumptive - I don't actually have any money to speak of, but I imagine it would be delightful). But I find that I'm inspired (or creatively turned on) to do something from the doing of it, not from the rewards it may garner. If I know I'm getting paid to create something, it loses its appeal quickly.

What sound or noise do you love? My children's laughter, Celtic music, and Dave Matthews' voice.

What sound or noise do you hate? Because I spent the last 6 months living at the end of a naval runway - jet noise.

What’s your favorite curse word? Jacka**. I only use it in reference to my husband, and it's always said with a smile. On the flip side (this wasn't asked, but I will tell you anyway), I abhor the word b*tch. I don't know who decided to make that word ok in reference to a woman (ex. "I'm going out with my b*tches later tonight."), but I find it repulsive.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd love to work in a book store. If I had to work for money, though - and since working in a book store would probably cost me more than it made me, that can't count - I'd want to be a psychiatrist. It's what I set out to do. I got as far as my bachelor's degree, but then marriage and children got me sidetracked, and I wouldn't change that for anything.

What profession would you not like to do? Anything icky. If it involves the words sewage, refuse, vomit, or roadkill count me out.

Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Well done."

I'm supposed to tag others, I know. I'll have to look around and get back to that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do work in a bookstore, and I actually manage to bring home some of my money because the ARCs are quite plentiful...but it is a dangerous work environment for a bookaholic.

Glad you enjoyed the meme!