CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the Winner Is....

I had planned on doing the drawing and announcing tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. So, here goes.

First, here's how the winner was determined. I gave each entry a number. Starting with the comments and blog postings - there were a total of 106 entries that way. Then, I numbered the book snippet answers. There were a total of 35 correct answers, bringing the total number of entries to 141. Using random.org's integer generator (I asked for 2 numbers between 1 and 141, just in case the first person never responds), I got:
127
70
The winner of The Time Paradox and the Barnes and Noble gift card is....

127. Holly Isaacson with her entry answer for book six.

Congratulations, Holly! I will be emailing you to get your mailing information. Thanks to everyone for participating.

For those of you who'd like to know the answers to the snippet part of the giveaway, here they are:


BOOK ONE



The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo




BOOK TWO

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz



BOOK THREE



A Common Life by Jan Karon



BOOK FOUR

The Stand by Stephen King

BOOK FIVE


Goose Girl by Shannon Hale



BOOK SIX


The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett


BOOK SEVEN


Inkheart by Cornelia Funke


BOOK EIGHT


Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg



Nearly everyone who guessed a cover knew that Book Seven was Inkheart. Nobody guessed Book Two (A Common Life) or Book Eight (Fried Green Tomatoes). If you're wondering how or why I chose these particular covers, it's because these are some of my favorite books. If you haven't read some of them, I'd highly recommend them all.


I hope you enjoyed the game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the winners.

Traci, I love the design of your blog. It's so pretty and organized!

Shauna said...

Congratulations, Traci! You won my BBAW drawing for In High Places.

Shauna at Shaunarumbling
shauna at gmail dot com

Liviania said...

Congrats to the winner, and thanks for posting the answers!

HylianVampire said...

haha. the day after the deadline for entering this contest, I saw the book cover for the Odd Thomas book some random place.