CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Warner Brothers has released this trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

The film is scheduled to be in theaters on November 21st. I know there are those who are avid Potter non-fans, but I can't help myself. I adore Harry. I've read each of the books more than once - all but the last two books have been read quite a bit more than that, and I'm sure I'll read them again in the future. I think one of the things that makes Harry Potter so special to me personally is that it reintroduced me to the wonder that is children's literature. I had never even considered reading kid's books as an adult, but I kept hearing all these wonderful things about these wizard books (I came in around book 3), and I decided that I'd give it a shot, but I wasn't expecting much. Since then, I've become a huge fan of children's and young adult literature. In fact, I would say that my favorite books are probably books from those genres - Harry Potters and Inkheart being among them.

So far, the movies have lived up to the books as much as I think they can - there's no way they could truly capture the magic that J.K. Rowling created, but they come close. If the trailer is any indication, I think The Half-Blood Prince is going to be a wonderful addition to an already impressive series.

So, where will you be on November 21st?

1 comments:

Kathleen Gilligan said...

I love HP too. I won't be at the movies though when it comes out. I know it's a 'children's series' but I can't stand going to a movie where kids talk/laugh/cry through the whole thing. So I'll probably stay away from the opening night(and maybe weekend) shows, and then go to some obscure one that won't be as crowded (if that's possible!)