CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tagged: About Me

I was tagged by kbookreviews with this meme, so here goes:

1. Who's your all-time favorite author, and why?
I feel like I should say someone like Shakespeare (who I do love) or Jane Austen (who I also love), but if I'm being honest, I'd have to say the person I read and re-read most often is J.K. Rowling. I absolutely adore the Harry Potter books. I get lost in the story and the setting each time I open one of her books, and it's just so comforting to know that if I'm feeling particularly blue, I can escape to Hogwarts for a great pick me up.

2. Who was your first favorite author? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?
This is difficult because I don't really remember all that much of what I read as a child. I do remember enjoying Judy Blume, and I loved the Shel Silverstein books of poetry. I wouldn't say that either are favorites now, but I have started introducing my children to their books.

3. Who't the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Hmmm...I think that would be Michael Buckley, author of the Sister's Grimm series. I started reading them a few months back, and I really enjoy the stories. I've also recently begun reading Neil Gaiman. After reading Neverwhere and Stardust, I will definitely be looking for more from him.

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you'd add on a moment of further reflection?
Well, like I said in question one, I think my initial response is to go to Jane Austen, Shakespeare, and probably I'd mention Rowling. If I thought about it, though, there are so many that come to mind. Rosamunde Pilcher, Michael Crichton, John Grisham, Jeffrey Deaver (he's a new favorite), Eoin Colfer, Jan Karon, Nora Roberts (shhh...don't tell anyone about that one), Dan Brown, Anne Rice (the Witches more than the vampires), Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Terry Pratchett, and on, and on....But, I'm always looking to add to the list, so if you've got any suggestions, I'm all ears!!

So, now I get to be the tagger:

Planet Books, you're it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me on this Traci! I am going to work on this and hopefully post it by the end of the day (your Sunday morning).
Hope you're having a great weekend!
-Karen

Anonymous said...

It's Up!!! Thanks again for tagging me. I had fun answering the meme.
-K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating! J.K Rowling's HP books are amazing :) I devoured them as soon as I got them!