CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer


The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer tells the futuristic story of Cosmo Hill, a 14 year old boy living in the Clarissa Frayne Institute for Parentally Challenged Boys where he and the other the 'no-sponsors' are forced to undergo dangerous and painful product testing. Cosmo takes an opportunity and escapes from the orphanage joining up with the Supernaturalists, a band of young people trying to rid Satellite City of Parasites (creatures that feed on human life force).
I downloaded the audio version of this novel from audible.com onto my Ipod. I'm not sure if it was the audio aspect of the book, or what, but I had a hard time following some of the story. It wasn't difficult, it just didn't seem to flow that well. Still, I thought it was pretty entertaining - not captivating, but a good solid read.
As to the audiobook specifically, the narrator, Chiwetel Ejofor, was particularly good. He did all the voices flawlessly, which was really helpful in keeping up with who was talking and what was going on, and his narration was really pleasant.
Overall, I think it's worth a read, but I still prefer Colfer's Artemis Fowl books.

0 comments: